Get started with the ICEPAY API
Before you begin, there are a few things you need to know:
- You should be familiar with C#, VB.NET or PHP programming and object-oriented programming concepts
- You should have some basic HTML knowledge
- You need to have a basic understanding of the Internet
- You must have downloaded and installed the ICEPAY API
- You should understand the concept of ICEPAY callbacks
From the moment you initiate an online payment, ICEPAY will produce postbacks and post them to your website. These postbacks contain valuable information indicating whether your payment is:
OK – Payment has been completed successfully.
Open – Payment has not yet been completed. You will receive another postback in the near future, which will tell you if the payment has been completed or has expired.
Error – Payment failed, expired or manually cancelled by the end-user.
Refunded – The request refund of the payment has been processed successfully.
Charged back – A charge back for the payment has been requested by the end-user.
This allows you to build an intelligent system, which can act upon a status change. For e.g. synchronize your database, send e-tickets based on the status, etc.