Accept iDEAL payments online
iDEAL is the payment method that makes it possible for consumers to make direct online payments in the Netherlands via the online payment systems of the largest Dutch banks. iDEAL payments have won major ground in the online payment sector in recent years. There are now over 13,000 webshops in the Netherlands, which offer iDEAL as a method of payment. In 2010, 54% of the consumers purchasing products and services online preferred paying via iDEAL. The primary reason consumers cited for choosing iDEAL was that it is fast, easy and safe.
1. Select and request the account type that best suits your business needs.
2. Your account will immediately be ready for implementing and testing, however extra actions are required before going live.
3. Your account can go live once you have successfully finished testing and when your request is officially approved by ICEPAY.
NB: A special request procedure is required for AfterPay, credit card, SOFORT Banking, SEPA Direct Debit recurring and paysafecard. Please note that this process may take several weeks. Once your account goes live, you will be able to offer all available payment methods (per account type) in your webshop, except for the aforementioned. These specific payment methods will only be made available to you once your request is officially approved.
iDEAL is an attractive method of payment to offer in your webshop, and provides you with the opportunity to increase sales. You can reach a varied group of over 10 million consumers in the Netherlands thanks to the ever-increasing awareness and popularity of the iDEAL system among consumers. In addition, the number of banks affiliated with iDEAL continues to grow as well. The option of paying via their own familiar banking platform reassures consumers that they are making safe payments via iDEAL. iDEAL is fast, easy and safe for your customers to use since they are paying online via their own familiar online banking software.
ICEPAY offers the possibility to connect iDEAL as a payment method on a fully redundant basis. In this case, 'redundant' means that ICEPAY is affiliated with two systems that make the use of iDEAL possible. If, for whatever reason, one of these systems shuts down, the ICEPAY server immediately switches to the other system. This way, ICEPAY ensures that you will always be able to make iDEAL available in your webshop. It is also possible for the system to become disabled by one of the affiliated banks. This may cause you problems with iDEAL payments, which are supposed to be processed via the bank in question. ICEPAY cannot exert any influence on this situation unfortunately. If you are interested in connecting iDEAL redundant, you can check out our Features page.
The advantages of iDEAL for your webshop:
- Reach 10 million Dutch consumers who have accounts with ABN AMRO, ASN Bank, Friesland Bank, ING, Rabobank, RegioBank, SNS Bank, Triodos Bank and Van Lanschot Bankiers
- Safe and familiar payment environment for consumers;
- Consumers can pay immediately online, without any form or registration being required, via their own familiar online bank environment;
- No risk of chargebacks;
- Immediate insight into the payment progress, meaning fast delivery of orders;
- Fully redundant iDEAL;
- Business and consumer transactions are possible.
- Recurring payments are possible.
Regardless of which ICEPAY account you have, you will have immediate access to iDEAL as a possible payment method to be used in your webshop. Paying with iDEAL is fast and easy for your customer.
All your customer will have to do is:
- Choose a product in your webshop;
- Choose iDEAL as the payment method;
- Select their own bank;
- Execute the payment and approve it via the secure bank environment and method of payment;
- The payment is then complete.
A few seconds after your customer (the consumer) has approved the iDEAL payment, you will also receive notification of the transaction, provided this has been completed successfully. The amount will be deducted immediately from the customer's account and will be on its way to your account via ICEPAY's bank account. As soon as you know the amount has been deducted from the customer's account, you will be able to proceed with delivery since you do not run the risk of a reversal or refund of the amount by the customer. The amount paid will be transferred to your account as soon as possible. The speed with which this is done depends on the type of ICEPAY account you have and your customer's bank.
- The Netherlands