Accept SOFORT Banking payments in your webshop
SOFORT Banking is a key online payment method in Austria, Germany and Switzerland, but also widely used in Belgium, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. It is offered by almost 30,000 online shops with upward of 100 million successful transactions to date.
SOFORT Banking is a direct payment procedure with the same high security standards as those used in online banking and regular tests are performed on the protection of personal details. SOFORT is not tied to one specific bank, but rather directs the consumer to his or her own bank environment for payment. Consumers do not need to register or to make deposits over to an interim account, nor are they required to have a credit card to use this service, making it extremely low threshold.
NB: It is important to note that SOFORT Banking is not a directly guaranteed method of payment like iDEAL. It can take a few days before the payment reaches your account. The duration and percentage of holdback for Sofort are 7 days and 100%.
1. Select and request the account type that best suits your business needs.
2. Your account will immediately be ready for implementing and testing, however extra actions are required before going live.
3. Your account can go live once you have successfully finished testing and when your request is officially approved by ICEPAY.
NB: A special request procedure is required for AfterPay, credit card, SOFORT Banking, SEPA Direct Debit recurring and paysafecard. Please note that this process may take several weeks. Once your account goes live, you will be able to offer all available payment methods (per account type) in your webshop, except for the aforementioned. These specific payment methods will only be made available to you once your request is officially approved.
SOFORT Banking is an interesting payment method to offer in your webshop if targeting the European market. This easy and safe method of payment is rapidly gaining in popularity. A large number of banks (approximately 20,000) are affiliated with SOFORT Banking.
SOFORT Banking transaction costs are low in comparison to other online payment methods. Consumers do not have to register to use it and they enjoy a high degree of protection of personal details (no incidents of fraud reported using PIN/TAN via SOFORT Banking), thus making the threshold to use this method of payment very low.
The advantages of SOFORT Banking in your webshop:
- Low transaction fees;
- Most frequently used payment method in Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Very secure payment environment thanks to the unique TAN code;
- Rapid payment thus making rapid delivery possible;
- Low-threshold since there is no registration requirement for consumers;
- No risk of chargebacks.
Payments via SOFORT Banking are fast and secure. Consumers use a secure payment form to make payments (inaccessible to you as the merchant), and confirm the payment with a unique transaction code (TAN). The purchase amount is transferred directly to ICEPAY’s bank account, and you receive a real-time confirmation of the payment. Thanks to the real-time aspect of the payment status, you know immediately when your customer has paid. This is not only handy for your records and administration, but it also enables you to ship your products immediately after payment, thus helping you provide your customers with even better service.
All your customers have to do is:
- Choose a product in your webshop;
- Choose SOFORT Banking as the payment method;
- Log in to the secure bank environment using online bank details (log-in info/PIN);
- Confirm the order using a unique TAN code;
- The payment is complete.
- Poland (PLN)
- Switzerland (EUR)