The paysafecard is a pre-paid card for online purchases.
Just like a pre-paid card for mobile telephones, a paysafecard is used for transactions on the Internet. It is supplied in the form of a till receipt, which contains a 16-digit PIN code. This method of payment offers consumers a way to make payments online that are fast, safe and do not require the use of a bank account or credit card.
Paysafecards are available in denominations of EUR 10, EUR 25, EUR 50 or EUR 100 and are available in 25 countries. Click here for a list of these countries. There are 300,000 physical points of sale worldwide and 16,000 in the Netherlands (primarily petrol stations, supermarkets and kiosks). A paysafecard app has even been developed to help you find the nearest paysafecard reseller using your mobile phone.
1. Select and request the account type that best suits your business needs.
2. Your account will immediately be ready for implementing and testing, however extra actions are required before going live.
3. Your account can go live once you have successfully finished testing and when your request is officially approved by ICEPAY.
NB: A special request procedure is required for AfterPay, credit card, SOFORT Banking, SEPA Direct Debit recurring and paysafecard. Please note that this process may take several weeks. Once your account goes live, you will be able to offer all available payment methods (per account type) in your webshop, except for the aforementioned. These specific payment methods will only be made available to you once your request is officially approved.
Making the paysafecard available as a form of payment will give you the opportunity to expand your customer database to include people who prefer not to disclose their personal details, bank details or credit card information online. In addition, there is no risk of chargeback for you since this is a pre-paid payment method. Using a paysafecard is extremely easy, both in terms of the technical integration in your system as well as the online use of this method for your customers. If you decide to integrate ICEPAY in your webshop, you can also offer the paysafecard immediately as a payment method.
The advantages of offering paysafecard in your webshop:
- The opportunity to attract new customers and generate extra turnover;
- No risk of chargebacks;
- Easy to use, for both you and your customers;
- Available in 25 countries worldwide;
- When you have an ICEPAY account, you have direct access to paysafecard.
Paying with the paysafecard is fast and easy for your customers:
- Choose a product in your webshop;
- Choose paysafecard as the payment method;
- Type in the 16-digit PIN code;
- The payment is complete.
Using the paysafecard to pay for transactions with a higher amount is also possible. Consumers can use a maximum of 10 cards per transaction to make payments (max € 1000 per transaction). This also allows customers to use up any balance they might still have leftover on previously used paysafecards. Your customer can consult the paysafecard website to see how much they have left on the card.
Using the paysafecard is initially free of charge for your customer. However, 12 months after the first time the card is used, yet no later than the indicated production date, an administrative fee of € 2 per month will be charged and deducted from the balance left on the card. Your customer can also consult the paysafecard website to check the production date.
- The Netherlands
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom *
* Great Britain, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland