Accept VISA Debit payments in your webshop
VISA Debit (formerly known as VISA Delta) is a debit card, which VISA issues specifically in Great Britain and Ireland. This card may also be used in other EU countries. VISA debit is issued by the UK’s largest bank. This is an interesting payment method to offer if you are targeting the English and Irish markets with your webshop activities.
1. Select and request the account type that best suits your business needs.
2. Your account will immediately be ready for implementing and testing, however extra actions are required before going live.
3. Your account can go live once you have successfully finished testing and when your request is officially approved by ICEPAY.
NB: A special request procedure is required for AfterPay, credit card, SOFORT Banking, SEPA Direct Debit recurring and paysafecard. Please note that this process may take several weeks. Once your account goes live, you will be able to offer all available payment methods (per account type) in your webshop, except for the aforementioned. These specific payment methods will only be made available to you once your request is officially approved.
VISA Debit provides you with the opportunity to offer a method of payment in your webshop that is frequently used in the English and Irish markets. Once you have completed the application procedure for credit cards (VISA/MasterCard), you will also be able to offer VISA debit in your webshop. Since VISA Debit is owned by VISA, it may thus be offered under the same terms and conditions. This also ensures that the same high standard of security applies as that which applies to the VISA credit cards.
The advantages of VISA Debit for your webshop:
- Reach a large group of consumers in the English and Irish markets;
- When you are approved for VISA/MasterCard with ICEPAY, you have a direct option for VISA Debit;
- Weekly payments;
- Option for protection from fraud using 3-D Secure.
If you would like to include VISA Debit as one of the payment methods you offer in your webshop, you must complete the general application procedure for Credit Cards (VISA/MasterCard) with ICEPAY. This application procedure takes at least two weeks, yet can sometimes take even longer. This is due to the requirements the credit card companies set for their providers.
For your customers, paying using VISA debit card works the same as with every other credit card.
All your customer has to do is:
- Choose a product in your webshop;
- Choose VISA Debit as the payment method;
- Select their own bank;
- Execute the payment and approve it via the secure bank environment and method of payment;
- And: the payment is complete.
Payments for your VISA Debit transactions are not handled by ICEPAY, but by our supplier. These payments are made on a weekly basis. If you would like further information on payments or the implementation of VISA Debit, please contact us.
MasterCard and VISA have developed a security system to fight credit card fraud. This system is called 3-D Secure. In order to ensure that all of your VISA and MasterCard credit card payments, including VISA Debit, may be handled in an even more secure manner, ICEPAY offers this system as one of its products.