1. Choose and request the account that best suits your needs.
2. Your account is immediately ready for implementing and testing. Some extra actions are required before you can go ‘live’ with your account.
3. You can go live and provide the available payment methods, as soon as the testing of your account is successful and your request is officially approved.
NB: A special request is needed for credit cards and SEPA Direct Debit recurring. Please be aware that this may take several weeks. Once your account goes live, you can provide every available payment method for your account type in your webshop, except for credit cards and SEPA Direct Debit recurring. You can only offer these payment methods in your webshop once your request for them is approved.
By offering bank transfers as a method of payment in your webshop, you will reach a group of consumers who are more comfortable making their payments manually. These consumers may prefer this since they do not have access to online banking, or because they do not feel safe disclosing their bank details online. In addition, this method allows consumers to determine when they execute the payment. For some people, this is a reassuring thought. Not only is this traditional method of payment still used frequently in the Netherlands, the bank transfer is also a commonly used payment method internationally when it comes to paying for online products and services.
The advantages of bank transfers for your webshop:
- Make worldwide payments possible;
- Traditional payment method, thus accessible for consumers who prefer manual forms of payment;
- Consumers are free to choose when and how they pay;
- No risk of chargebacks.
Once you have implemented ICEPAY in your webshop, you can, depending on the type of account you choose, decide to offer bank transfers as a payment method.
To pay, all your customer has to do is:
- Choose a product in your webshop;
- Choose bank transfer as the payment method;
- Fill in the required address details;
- Transfer the amount due by bank transfer;
- Execute the payment.
Pay special attention to the potential pitfalls of bank transfers; there is a small risk that consumers may fill in details incorrectly (amount or payment reference), which can create problems with the link to our records system. This can result in additional administrative work for ICEPAY, extra costs and a delay in payment. For bank transfers originating outside of the Netherlands, the consumer must also fill in their IBAN and BIC codes (except for France, the UK, Germany and Belgium).